- Contact Us
West Wilson Street is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was constructed in three distinct phases between 1932 and 1957. Phase 1 was constructed in 1932 and had a rectangular footprint with six stories above ground and three basement levels having partial exposure to Lake Monona. Testing has indicated that the exterior granite, terra cotta and brick masonry was constructed utilizing a lime putty mortar, which was highly unusual for this period. Phase 2 was constructed in 1938 and has an L shaped footprint with an 11 story rectangular tower and six-story connector linking to Phase 1. A Rosendale cement and lime mortar was used for masonry construction. Phase 3 was constructed in 1957 and has a rectangular foot print and a six story connector to Phase 2.
Bloom Companies, LLC was selected by the Wisconsin Division of State Facilities to design and oversee construction of this project to repair the building envelope of a major state office building in Madison, Wisconsin. Bloom prepared preliminary design documents, design report with detailed construction cost estimate and construction documents for the comprehensive exterior envelope repairs including all building masonry joints, window perimeters, original ornamental steel window frames, deteriorated embedded steel masonry and façade supports, damaged brick, terra cotta and granite materials, and clean exterior masonry surfaces.